Sunday 25 March 2012

Week 4:The Lake Gallery (Final Submission)

The Lake Gallery is designed for artist Ai WeiWei (top) and Louise Bourgeois (bottom). 

From Ai WeiWei's Forever Bicycle, I came out with a keyword "Infinite"

From Louise Bourgeois' Cell, I came out with a keyword "Family"

With those 2 keywords, I came out with section like this. The top is about the "infinite" circulation, while the bot is how a big "family" space is divided into several parts. 



As a result, I used the keyword of "infinite" as my theme to create the above ground level for Ai WeiWei. (as the infinite cuts on the facet, and "supper long" circulation between different level)



For the below ground level, I used "family" as my theme to design the working gallery space for Louise Bourgeois. The main concept is "family comes to one point". (4 organic shapes divide the spaces in to 4 part which can come to gather in the lowest level.)

No comments:

Post a Comment